Sunday, May 21, 2006

Monday morning comes too soon

If you're like most writers, you find yourself constantly having to work on something. As hard as I try to take the weekends off to spend time with my family, inevitably I end up sidling up to the computer, with the idea that "I'll only work on this piece for a half hour." Suddenly, it's 7:00, dinner's on the table and I'm left wondering where the time went. Does anyone else share this same phenomenon?

My relationship with writing is continually love/hate. I love writing for the freedom it gives me to set my own hours, but conversely I spend more time procrastinating on writing than anything else. Now, that's not to say I'm lazy. Far from it, actually. But how often have YOU swept the kitchen floor, did a load of laundry, or idled over a cup of coffee on your back patio in the morning before starting your work for the day? As much as I love my avocation, I can and will procrastinate in order to preserve my sanity.

I am but a humble writer, offering my take on how writer's react to their life's work. If you have any thoughts on the matter, please don't hesitate to leave a comment. I welcome each and everyone of your opinions with open arms. Or in this case, open eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home