Friday, June 16, 2006

Controversy runs Rampant

This thread details exactly why I should stay away from forums. On a side note, Digital Point Forums offers a wealth of information and resources on a variety of topics, including content writing and the like. It's a site I visit on a daily basis. As a matter of fact, I've picked up a few gigs here and there. The trick becomes weeding out the low-paying cheapskates who don't care a wit about quality. I digress.

In any case, I found myself involved in a semi-heated debate on a very controversial topic -- the acceptance of gays/lesbians within society. I won't get into details here. If you're really interested, feel free to check out the thread. Suffice it to say, I'm quite peeved! Intolerant chumps frustrate me beyond comprehension.

2 Comments:

At 6:38 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

Hi Denise! I just wanted to stop in and thank you for visiting my blog recently.

On a side note, I couldn't agree more with you on that whole debate. I just find intolerance a bit ridiculous. Discriminating against people because they're different than us is dumb, really, because NONE of us are identical anyway. Even identical twins have their differences. If we're going to discriminate over skin colors, why not eye color or hair color? If we're going to discriminate against sexual preferences, why not career preferences or vehicle preferences or fabric softener preferences? It makes no sense to me. Some people have too much time on their hands, so they need to try to live other people's lives for them, instead of concentrating on their own like they should be! Live and let live, people.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Well said, Wendy! I couldn't agree more. A person's sexual orientation is their own business. Why does it have to affect anyone else? People are people regardless of whom they choose to love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home