Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Dream It, Do It, Live It

Today's post is about dreams. As a popular saying goes, "If you dream it, you can do it." The same can be said about writing. It's one thing to dream about doing something with your words, but it's another thing entirely to take steps towards achieving your dreams. It's a beautiful saying, but one I disagree with because of the previous reason.

You must conciously make an effort every day to accomplish your dreams. It's not simply enough to wish something into being. You must actually "climb the ladder of life," if you will, in order to fully realize your potential. A person can say all they want that they dream of one day creating a masterpiece with their words, but until steps are taken to achieve this goal your words are meaningless.

If you want something enough, it can happen. But it will not be handed to us on a silver platter. We work for our goals, and we must strive to reach our ultimate peak of happiness. I have know too many people throughout my life and career who have many ambitions for themselves, but fail to do anything about them. It saddens me, but at the same time it forces me to take a look at myself and see where I am falling short when it comes to realizing my dreams.

Dream it, do it, live it. That's my motto of the day, and that is what keeps me going through the hard times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home