Thursday, June 08, 2006

It's been a long week

Twelve hours at a hospital can be incredibly grueling. My mother's surgery commenced on Tuesday (hip replacement, gah!) and it was a terribly long and emotional day. To make matters worse, several members of my family took it upon themselves to create unneeded drama between one another. It was quite hectic, I must say. Additionally, I've been put into the role of caretaker, which in and of itself does not bother me. However, that requires taking time off work, and being not only nurse, chef and maid but the mediator between my disgruntled family members. It's a lot of work for one person to tackle. What's more, she's been running a fever between 102-103 and her blood pressure looks worrisome. We'll see what the doctor's say tomorrow; I have to arrive at the hospital at 9:30 to speak with the physical therapist.

In other news, work has trickled to a slow crawl. I find myself picking up any odd jobs I can just to get by. Of course, my mother's condition makes it difficult to do anything, including concentrate on churing out 20 500 word keyword articles on the Amish country. (Kidding, but you get the point.)

I'll continue to keep you all updated on my mother's progress. We shall see what happens at the hospital tomorrow. Did I mention I HATE hospitals?

1 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Thank you kindly. I appreciate the warm words of encouragement. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home