Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Do You Love What You Do?

This follows along similar lines as a previous post of mine, but for my fellow freelancers out there... do you love what you do?

I've received a lot of flack for my writing, not because people believe I'm not talented, but because they feel I can put my talents to better use in a "real" job. Excuse me? I consider what I do a real job. I get paid for it, I put in extensive time and research and I end up with a product I'm proud of.

Writing has always been a passion of mine, and to be able to make a career out of it is something that I am going to take advantage of for as long as humanly possible. I'm constantly expanding my horizons, learning and growing along with my career and picking up information I would never have known before.

If you've been in similar situations where people have criticized or ridiculed you for not having a "real" job, I say forget them! If you enjoy what you do and can make a career out of something you love, that's what truly matters. Surround yourself with supportive people and let those who talk down about your career choice eat their words.

Best Wishes,

Denise

3 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger - said...

My friends are always telling me to get a real job. My reply is a photocopy of my bank statement or the phone number of my accountant.

If I can find enough work to earn every day what I earned with tonight's work I'll make $60,000 before tax this year.

Only one of my friends takes home anything like that amount, and he has to work 12 hour days managing a team of lazy employees and answering a dozen bosses above him. I think I'm on to a winner, myself :)

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Denise said...

I would have to agree with you, Keith. You enjoy what you do, and the potential to make good money is there.

Sounds like a winner to me!

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger Enter for a chance to earn 1 BTC said...

I love what I do ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home