Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Laptop VS Desktop

So, I've had this thought running through my mind for about two months now and have yet to come to a solid conclusion. That's why I've decided to ask you, my fellow freelancers, for your help/thoughts on the matter.

How many of you use a laptop to work? Do you take your work with you everywhere you go? (I.E., vacations, family events, etc.) What are the benefits to using a laptop rather than a desktop computer or vice versa?

I've been thinking about purchasing a laptop for awhile now, provided I'm able to raise sufficient funds to do so. But I'd like to get your opinions on whether it's a good idea or not. Thoughts?

Best Wishes,

Denise

6 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger RTB said...

I've had an iBook for over a year now, and I have to say I love it. Although I've been tempted to buy a 20" iMac several times because of the nice screen display, I just can't sacrifice the portability and flexibility that a laptop offers. It's also nice to lay in bed or on the couch and work ;)

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Denise said...

Thanks for the feedback, Tyler :) I appreciate it.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

It depends on how much you *want* to work... I don't (personally) work on my laptop, it's more to get on the Internet from the living room than anything else. :)

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger - said...

I'm shackled to the desktop 24 hours a day because I hate the way a laptop keyboard feels. I had to use mine all last week when my desktop decided to invite in a few dozen viruses, and I hated every minute of it. I'm told you get used to it, but I don't want to find out.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Samos said...

I really think one should have one of each, one good desktop for "real" work and one light notebook to take out into unproductive surroundings when you get stuck in your work

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice post with awesome points! Can’t wait for the next one.

Dell - Inspiron 17.3" Geek Squad Certified Refurbished Laptop - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive (GCRF-I17RSE-3589BK)

Dell - Inspiron 14" Touch-Screen Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Moon Silver

 

Post a Comment

<< Home