Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I've Been Tagged!

If you haven't already done so, I strongly encourage you to check out the Six Figure Challenge blog and read up about the challenge I and four other writers are participating in next year. Once there, you can sign up for our forthcoming newsletter, get links to high paying writers markets and a lot more fun stuff.

Now, it seems that I have been tagged by Wendy -- five things you didn't know about me. Hmmm... what to write, what to write?

1. I'm a twin. Some people may know this already; others, may not. In either case, I do indeed have an identical twin sister. We were born four minutes apart (I'm the older one, whoopee!) Although we looked exactly alike when we were younger, as we've grown we have developed our own distinct look - but you can still tell we are twins, of course!

2. I've been writing since I was 3. Granted, I wasn't writing novels at this time, but I have indeed wanted to be a writer since such a young age. I don't know how I knew then what I wanted to be for the rest of my life, but since then I haven't stopped writing and my writing goals have not changed! I actually had it in my mind that I was going to grow up to be the next female Stephen King -- stay tuned, that may still happen! :P

3. I'm a vegetarian. Five years this month, to be exact. While I've always been pretty animal-friendly, I wasn't able to fully make the change until I was about 15 years old. One of my science teachers in high school told our class about the horrors of meat processing plants, and literally that day I went home and told everyone I was becoming a vegetarian. I get a lot of crap for it at times, but I'm lucky that I have the support of most of my family members.

4. I'm pigeon-toed. While it's not super pronounced unless you already know that I am, you can tell I'm pigeon-toed because of the way I stand. It makes for some interesting conversation, because I can turn my feet at very odd angles that most people can't. Oh, and if you look at my shoes you can see that the front corners of my shoes wear out more than any other area because of the way I walk and stand.

5. I have immense stage fright. Despite the fact that I've been singing since... well, forever -- and I was in choir all throughout high school, when I have to sing by myself in front of people I freak out. Literally. The only person I can sing in front of comfortably is my sister. Otherwise, I start getting sweaty, I shake, I cry. Trust me, it's not a pretty sight!

I know I'm supposed to tag 5 other people to do this now, but honestly, I have no clue who hasn't already been subjected to this little exercise. Whoever wants to be "tagged," feel free! :)

Warm Wishes,

Denise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home