Thursday, February 22, 2007

5 Reasons I Blog

First of all, let me apologize for my absence lately. I have been dealing with some personal issues, and as such haven't had the motivation to catch up with all of you. I am very sorry for this, and I'll plan to start updating regularly again as soon as I catch a break.

Now, Latoya from Writers Brew tagged me for the meme "5 Reasons I Blog," so I guess it's only fair that I participate!

1. It's Fun - Really, it is. I enjoy blogging, and it allows me to take a break from client work (or lack thereof, as the case may be) and focus on writing that truly means something to me.

2. To Inform/Educate/Inspire - I started this blog in the hopes of networking with other freelance writers, as well as to inform those beginning on their career paths. I hope I've succeeded at least partially in that regard, because I love sharing information that may be of benefit to other writers.

3. To Learn - While this blog serves to educate new writers on various aspects of a writing career, I also wanted to learn myself. This blog gave me a platform to express my opinions, experience, and questions and allowed me to garner feedback from other writers. For that reason alone, I love blogging.

4. To Motivate Myself - This may sound like a strange reason to blog, but I'm a strange person. Now that I've built up a bit of a following (if you can even call it that,) I try to update regularly to ensure my blog doesn't get stale... or I lose readers! Knowing this blog is sitting here motivates me to write something, and once I do it's usually much easier to get everything else done!

5. To Relax - Blogging is my form of relaxation. I have several blogs in addition to this one, and my personal blogs are where I can rant, rave, and otherwise let loose with my emotions. I can say whatever I want to my internet blog, and it can't get mad at me! Blogging is a very freeing experience, and I enjoy it very much.

I'm supposed to tag someone else now, but honestly - I don't know who has already done it and who hasn't! If you'd like to, blog away!

Denise

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger Bulbboy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Bulbboy said...

Interesting people blog. Uninteresting people don't blog.
=P kidding...

It's great to be able to connect with others with the touch of a few keys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home